I work with and encounter professional women in their late thirties into their early fifties. Many are going through huge transitions, some are getting the itch to make a change, and others are just plain dissatisfied but don't know how to go about making the tough decisions. I call them awakening women. They are waking up from the dream of a life they have created but does not fit them anymore. There are many of us and no, we are not crazy, hormonal, or imbalanced. This is not just a phase, it is very real and is crying out for our attention. We are finally stirred to wake up.
Here is my top 10 list of signs of women waking up:
1. They are taking all kinds of inventories (past friends, boyfriends, jobs, places they've lived, etc.)
2. They consider or dream about running away
3. They are overwhelmed by all the activity and expectations by others in their lives
4. They are reading self-help and spiritual books, taking yoga and meditation classes, going to a therapist or a coach
5. They start hanging out with their girlfriends more often
6. They fantasize about a simpler life
7. They tell themselves they have to do this for a few more years and then they'll do what they're really passionate about
8. They realize most conversations bore them and they are not engaged in the day to day part of their lives
9. They realize they are not fully satisfied with having it all
10. They wonder what happened to the person they were years ago
Questions to Ponder:
1) Do any of the signs above ring a bell for you? Do you have signs of your own you'd like to share?
2) How are you responding to your awakening?
3) What gets in the way of expressing who you really are?
spiritual life coaching. Spiritual life coaching is a an open-ended process where you, the client decide what you want and with clarity and conscious choice move through obstacles that have held you back. If you'd like to hear more and are ready to take the next step, contact me for a 30 minute phone consultation.